Caring for your Old Glow Candle

Old Glow Candle Care

An Old Glow Candle is specifically designed to burn well for a long time (up to approximately 55 hours), with an exact wick thickness of 4mm, this holds the perfect flame and heat in order to burn the wax evenly around the circumference of the glass jar.

We use only natural cotton wicks which are less likely to allow a build-up of carbon (black soot which can cause smoke when burning).

Burning a candle should be very simple, and it is! 

We are often asked by customers how they can ensure that they get the best use out of their scented candle. Simply follow these 5 easy steps.

Following these steps will ensure you get the greatest burn experience time and time again. 

1) Upon first lighting ensure the candle is burned for at least 3 hours to allow enough time for an even melt pool to form. Always burn the candle on a level surface, free from any foreign materials including matches.

2) On lighting each subsequent time ensure the wick is trimmed to 5mm. This prevents a build-up of carbon/soot.

3) The candle may then be burned for 1-3 hours at a time. 

4) Do not leave your candle burning near drafts such as open windows. This can disturb how the flame burns, causing the wax to melt unevenly. Scent throw will also be diminished if windows and doors are left open.

5) Do not blow out your candle to extinguish the flame. Always extinguish the flame with either a snuffer or by dipping the wick into the melted wax (being very cautious not to burn yourself). This is very important and may sound trivial, but blowing out the flame on our natural wicks can cause carbon build up and fill your room with smoke.